Observational student teacher program
Students can make the first leap into a teaching career with an international student teacher program in Ireland.
Our student teacher programs take place in the beautiful west of Ireland, mainly in Co Mayo.
We offer student teacher placements for early childhood teachers, general and special needs primary (elementary)
teachers and secondary school teachers.
We are extremely proud to be associated with the schools that participate in our student teacher program. The schools are of the highest caliber, with outstanding teachers and staff who are delighted to work with student teachers enabling them to learn, grow and flourish in their placement.
Types of internships:
- A well regarded crèche’s and Monteosrri schools that uses the Aistear curriculum, which is the new early childhood curriculum framework for children from birth to six years in Ireland.
- Primary/Elementary schools as well as Secondary schools located in the West of Ireland mainly in Mayo and Galway play host to our international students and have excellent academic and sport programs for their students.
We Guarantee an unbeatable experience
Provides comprehensive program management services for student teachers, host schools and Universities
Inspire Learning Program Management
- 24/7 emergency support during placement
- Problem resolution & support available 7 days/week
- Accommodation arrangement
- Process all relevant paperwork
- Act as liaison between school, student, academic supervisor and University
- Provide students with practical arrival information
- Provide handbook on living in Ireland
- Provide resources outlining the Irish education system and its curriculum
- Arrangement of optional cultural outings
Academic supervision while in Ireland
Student teachers are assigned an Irish academic supervisor while student teaching in Ireland. Student teachers will be visited at their teaching site by their Irish academic supervisor at least twice during their placement (and usually once by their University supervisor); of course, the Irish academic supervisor is available anytime for informal calls, emails or visits should the student teachers need additional support.
Typically, the academic supervisor’s role entails coordinating with the student teacher’s University in order to provide the student teacher with a tailored program providing professional advice to the student teachers in relation to the academic aspects of teaching in Ireland. The Irish academic supervisor works on three specific areas with the student teachers:
Is expected at early education and primary school level that student teachers
will construct at least one formal lesson plan for each day.
Secondary school student teachers will construct one lesson plan for
each class level taught each day.
THEMATIC UNIT PLAN
Generally towards the end of the placement, the student teacher
will plan a two-week unit of work based on general theme
(eg. seasons, Christmas, etc). During this period the lesson plans
constructed to company the thematic unit plan are counted as formal
lesson plans each day, so student teachers are not constructing
any addiotional lesson plans in order to complete this task.
Each student teacher is required to write 2
reflective journal entries each week which
show how their placement
here in Ireland is benefitting them personally
Some examples of content for this journal
may include: cultural differences,
differences in teaching methodologies, ideas from the US student teachers may try out here in Ireland,
behavioral issues, etc.
- Observational programs ranging from 2 weeks to 8 weeks
- Teaching practice 4 weeks to 12 weeks
- For further information on pricing please contact Ciara Quigley at email@example.com
The Inspire Learning Westport, Ireland experience was so beneficial for me. Westport is a great location, small enough to feel right at home, but with enough shops, pubs and attractions that you never feel bored! Ciara and Louise worked so hard to make us feel welcome and comfortable in all aspects. Because of their many connections in the area, we were able to make our own impact in many ways, in the town and in the schools that we were placed in. I would 100% do this experience again, and I can’t wait to return to Ireland someday soon!
Inspire Learning provided me with the best learning experience that I have ever had. By day two, Louise and Ciara felt like family. They are so warm and generous that they make their bed and breakfast halfway across the world feel like home. Louise and Ciara are invested in providing superior experiences and do everything in their power to make your experience perfect. The staff that they bring in to cook for us and take care of the house could not have been better. The food is out of this world and you always come home to a clean house. I never wanted to leave! Because of my incredible experience with Inspire Learning, I plan on coming back to Ireland and hope to find a job around Westport!